Monday, October 12, 2009

Columbus Day Craziness

Ok, as promised the call center capers abound today.

My calls are usually pretty inane. You know, what is my balance? has check XXX cleared? etc? I have to say I love those calls, they keep me sane. The other calls are the ones that make me wonder how these callers can make it through the day without opening their mouths to speak and tripping over their brain.

Call #1

Me - Thank you for calling

Dumbass #1 - Are your banks open today?

Me - No, I'm sorry. Our branches are closed for the holiday today.

Dumbass #1 - What about the branch on Lakewood? *

Call # 2

Me - Thank you for calling

Dumbass #2 - I need to make a transfer from my savings to my checking.

Me - I'm sorry, your savings account is in an inactive status and I am unable to complete that transfer for you.

Dumbass #2 - My account is not inactive, there is money in it and you need to transfer the money.

Me - I'm sorry, I cannot change the status on your account. Only the branch has the capability to change the status on your account.

Dumbass #2 - You can change the status on my account, now do it. I need the money transferred.

Me - I am sorry you will have to contact the branch to get the status changed.

Dumbass #2 - I need the money now. You need to transfer the money, my account is active and it has money in it. Now do the transfer.

Well, you get the gist of that one. #2 went on for 2 minutes before he finally called me an idiot and hung up.

Call #3

Me - Thank you for calling

Dumbass #3 - I tried calling the branch and they won't answer.

Me - I'm sorry sir, our branches are closed for the holiday.

Dumbass #3 - That is stupid. Other banks are open today. Why isn't your bank open?

Me - I'm sorry sir, but it is a holiday and our branches are closed today.

Dumbass #3 - That is ridiculous !! I am going to close my account. * *

Me - Thank you for calling and have a nice day !


It wouldn't have been this bad, but 2 people decided to call in sick from the night shift. We are already 3 people short on the night shift. Thanks alot guys !!! Well, I guess I should really say $$$ THANKS ALOT $$$. I am getting double time to work their shift...hahahahaha. Only 5 more minutes until the end of this day and I can toddle off to bed and dream of creative ways to .... well, enough said. LOL.


* - my mental response - WTF?? Why would I tell you our branches are closed if one was open, you freakin' idiot???

* *- Dumbass #3 - His accounts had a total of $5.23. I am thinking we can, even in these tough economic times, survive without your paltry five freakin' dollars....dumbass.

No comments:

Post a Comment