Friday, November 6, 2009

Memories...

Well, I didn't get carried away or chopped up at the haunted house. We took my 12 year old daughter. It was soooo cold standing out there in the wind. My face eventually went numb. The started showing old horror flicks on the side of the building, which really started to freak her out, but she stayed brave.



Had we not been followed by a very loud and pushy group of young people, I think she would have had a much better time. She didn't scream at all, but I did. LOL. After being stuffed in a closet in the beginning, and having the walls inflate, she didn't want to talk much. All in all, it was great and she enjoyed herself fully.

__________________________________________



I was reading a blog a few days that reminded me of how I used to keep my ADHD son in check at the grocery store or mall. He tended to get out of hand and a bit rowdy while we were shopping. He was quite a handful, until I learned the "secret" of handling him. I found out he was easily embarrassed by my behavior. Oh son, remember, never let your weaknesses show.



So, once learning this, I used it to my full advantage. Walking thru the grocery store that first time was priceless. Oops decides to start picking stuff up off the shelves and putting them in the cart. I kindly asked him to return the items, he didn't want to. I gave him 3 chances to put it back before I unleashed.

I then went into character, definately not politically correct in this day and age, of a mentally and physically challenged person. Dragging one foot behind me, my right arm up against my chest, I bellowed out some unintellegable words. Slowly my son turns to look at me in complete horror. I watched in fascination as the red creeped up from his neck to his face and he stuttered for me to stop. In slurred speech I asked him if he would put back the items and he quickly did. I went back to my normal posture and he was quite relieved. It's amazing what tricks it takes to keep your kids under control.

HA !!

_________________________________________________


My son, AA, has been bugging me to get his drivers license. I don't have a problem with him doing that, but I do have issues with letting him drive me around. After a few times out driving with him, I am surprised I have not been committed to a mental facility.

So he took his drivers test 2 weeks ago and shock upon all shocks not, he failed. With the resilience of youth, he is convinced that if he corrects a few of the mistakes he made on that driving test, he will pass. Let's forget that his turning skills are that of a 2 year old on a big wheel and he has had little actual drive time behind the wheel. One of his friend's dad suggested that the next driving test instructor would be different, the look on AA's face was classic, but he recovered quickly with a shrug and a "It'll be fine, I'll pass". Gotta love kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment