Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Today in History

1978 Pope John Paul I was found dead in his Vatican apartment a little more than one month after becoming head of the Roman Catholic Church.

1982 Extra-Strength Tylenol capsules laced with cyanide claimed the first of seven victims in the Chicago area. (The case remains unsolved.)

1988 The space shuttle Discovery blasted off from Cape Canaveral, Fla., marking America's return to manned space flight following the Challenger disaster.

1989 Actress Zsa Zsa Gabor was convicted of battery for slapping a Beverly Hills police officer who had pulled her over.

Ok, well, not everything in history, but the rest of the stuff was pretty boring. As is my day today. As usual, I got up and went to the gym. I am definately not a "group" work out person. I like to be the only person in the place. Lately, when I get there, it is fairly empty. After my 30 minutes on the eliptical, the place is still quiet. Then all of a sudden there are 10 people there. GAH !!

The place is S M A L L. Located in a store front in a strip mall. I usually freak because too many people "might" be watching me, is my fat flapping or someone is on the machine I want to use or someone might want the machine I am considering using....can you say mental collapse? So 9/10 thru my workout I cannot stand it anymore and up and leave. I didn't even wipe off my last machine, I just had to get outta there. Ok, so does anybody know what psychosis I have that freaks me out to work out in a gym with too many people? I just know there is a name for it. I guess I need to get up earlier and see if there are less people. *shudder* I wanna get thin, I just don't want anyone watching while I sweat my butt off.

Randomness - "We shouldn't put off till tomorrow what we can do today, because if we enjoy it today, we can do it again tomorrow." - Unknown

1 comment:

  1. I remember when Zsa Zsa did that...shame.

    Love the quote at the end. LOL.

    ReplyDelete